We’ve been so lucky to have had really beautiful weather recently – Pickle and Chops love the freedom of running around outside every day. They especially enjoyed our local village fete last month: ice-cream, a fire engine, GG (great granny), a tractor ride and fresh local strawberries – what’s not to love?!
Inspired by this, I’ve put together a round-up of my top 10 summer fete crafts and activities. I think this would be such a fun idea for a wedding theme, don’t you?
Top 10 Summer fete crafts & activities:
3. Why not put Dad in the Wendy house and throw sponge balls at him through the windows? (tutorial by Mini Lizz the Librarian)
6. Blog Me Mom makes this home made face paint recipe which will save you a fortune. Let your kids choose what they want you to paint them (easy step by step face painting designs here), or let them paint themselves (all over)!
7. Team tug-of-war or ‘stumps’*. If you have a very large family (or lots of friends), split into 2 evenly matched teams and have a tug of war (all you need is a rope). If you want a game for just 2 kids, try stumps (here are the rules at Spoonful).
8. Hold a toilet roll dog show competition (provide toilet roll tubes, paint, paper, glue, pompoms, buttons etc and let the kids’ creative juices flow). Childmade came up with this amazing creation (tutorial here)! You could award prizes for the cutest, largest, most original etc (i.e. everyone wins a rosette – learn how to make them here at How Does She?)
10. Crown your very own May queen with this beautiful flower headdress (full tutorial from Mari at SmallforBig) – how sweet?!
So there you have it: 10 sensational summer fete crafts and activities to host your very own backyard fete!
Can you think of any more?
Feeling Summery? Check out the gorgeous flamingo products at The Paperdashery…