Find out how to make perfect heart potato stamps in no time at all, then use them to make gorgeous Valentine cards for your loved ones…
How did I never think to make potato stamps using cookie cutters before I saw it on Pinterest? It is by far the easiest method I have ever used and perfect for making Valentine’s cards and wrapping paper (or wedding invitations/save-the date cards)!
To make easy peasy potato print Valentine cards, you will need:
– card blanks
– 1/2 a large potato
– a heart shaped cookie cutter
– a sharp knife
– paint (red, pink, assorted colours?)
– a saucer or tray for the paint
– a black ink, felt-tip or brush pen
AGE: babies and up
TIME: 10 minutes or less
How-to make easy peasy potato print Valentine cards:
- Make your potato stamps by pushing the cookie cutter into the flat part of the potato half, then use a sharp knife to cut all the way around it. Slide the cookie cutter off and you have a perfect stamp. If you want to (and your potato is large enough*), you can cut a handle into the top of your stamp (see photo above).
- Add paint to the saucer or tray, then load up your stamp with paint.
- Smoosh the stamp onto the middle of your card blank front.
- Wait for this to dry fully, then add the arrow in black ink.
*We used a sweet potato and it was HUGE!