Watercolor painting for kids
Today I’m sharing 6 brilliant watercolor painting ideas for kids from last week’s #Pintorials linky and around the web.
Watercolor painting can be incredibly relaxing for children (and adults!) and the clean-up is far easier than poster or acrylic paints. The way the colours mix together is quite mesmerising and is a magical way for kids to begin to understand how to combine colours to form new ones…
6 watercolor painting ideas for kids:
- Melting watercolour ice-cube art from Mini Monets & Mommies
- Liquid watercolour galaxy from Hodge Podge Craft
- How to make liquid watercolours with dried out pens from Happy Hooligans
- Wet on wet painting technique from Nurture Store
- Watercolour on canvas from Learn With Play at Home
- Sticker resist with watercolours from Tinkerlab
This week I am linking up my 20 reasons to paint rocks which is a wonderful way to make your pet rock more interesting… What do you mean you don’t have a pet rock?!
Why not check out my co-hosts; ET Speaks From Home (tissue paper crafts) and TheBoyandMe (Summer holiday boredom busters) too?
If you’d like to link up to #Pintorials* this week, here’s a reminder of the rules…
The #Pintorials Rules:
- Add the URL of your Pin or blog post below using the Linky. We will then add our favourites to our Pintorials Pinterest Board. It must be an instruction based post of some kind but this could be crafts, recipes or anything else. It can be old or new, but please only add each thing once.
- It is really helpful if you allow your posts’ images to be copied (even better if you have a ‘Pin it’ button, as this makes our task easier)! By linking up your post, you agree to us using at least one picture if your post is featured.
- Follow the Pintorials Pinterest Board. If you’d like to follow your hosts too that would be fabulous. We are ET Speaks From Home, Hodge Podge Craft and TheBoyandMe.
- Visit at least 3 of the sites pinned below and pin them to one of your boards. If you’d like to say you’re visiting from #Pintorials (or Tweet about the linky) that would be marvellous. Of course you can pin more than that if you want!
- You don’t have to use the badge, but it would be great if you can, or if you’d give us a text link. The more people know about #Pintorials, the more can join in the party!
P.S. You can grab the blog badge here if you’d like to use it.
Click here to link up your posts to #Pintorials…
*PLEASE NOTE – during the Summer holidays, #Pintorials will run fortnightly (bi-weekly for those of you in the US). Normal service will be resumed in September. Thanks and have a great Summer!