Valentine’s day is just over a week away, so you still have time to make this beautiful (yet simple) pop-up heart Valentine card for your sweetheart by following the tutorial & using the free printable below.
To make a pop-up heart Valentine card, you will need:
– a card blank and envelope
– a ‘true’ square of colourful wrapping / scrapbooking paper
– a pen/pencil
– this free printable template
AGE: young kids and up
TIME: 10 minutes or less
How-to make a pop-up heart Valentine card:
- Lay your square of scrapbook/wrapping paper out, pretty side up
- Fold the bottom left corner up to meet the top right corner. Crease and unfold.
- Fold the top left corner down to meet the bottom right corner. Crease and unfold.
- Turn your paper over (pretty side down) and fold the top edge down to meet the bottom edge.Crease and unfold.
- Turn the paper over again (pretty side up) and use the creases you have just made to fold a triangle shape, with the pretty side hidden inside (see photo below).
- Use the free printable template to mark the heart shape on your folded triangle, then cut carefully along the dotted lines (being sure to leave the marked edges intact!)
- Glue one side of your heart shape (still folded) to the inside of the card, with the heart’s point near (but not next to) the crease line.
- Put some glue on the remaining side of the folded heart shape and close the card – this will make sure that your pop-up aligns perfectly.
- Leave to dry, then check that your card opens and ‘pops-up’.
- That’s it! Now you can post it to your Valentine.
More Valentine heart craft ideas via #GetYourCraftOn:
- Hama bead heart hanging decoration how-to at Jennifer’s Little World
- Tissue paper heart at One Blue One Pink
- Salt dough Valentine hearts at Red Ted Art
- Heart collage window decor from MommaDoo
- Past heart hanging decoration from Peakle Pie
- Glitter salt dough hearts from Johnson Babies
- Beaded Valentine card from Emmy’s Mummy
- Sand heart bottle vase from Pinkoddy
- Glitter heart cake topppers from Domestic Goddesque
- Heart shoe customisation from Claire
- Heart sun-catchers from Where Imagination Grows
- Rainbow ribbon heart from Peakle Pie
- Heart art keepsake from Triple T Mum
- Heart bunting from Crafts on Sea
- Tree of Love Valentine’s craft from MummyPinkWellies
- Valentine button heart from Elsie’s Girl
- Valentine flowers and butterflies from A Strong Coffee
- Cookie cutter stamp and paint hearts at One Blue One Pink
- Needle felt pebble heart from Zing Zing Tree
- Free Valentine’s educational resources from Kathy’s Cluttered Mind
- Heart glasses from Pink Stripey Socks
- Lavender tartan hearts from Crystal’s Tiny Treasures
- Valentine bento lunchbox from Me And My Shadow