DIY cut-out star jam jar lantern
This DIY cut-out star jam jar lantern is super quick and easy, but only costs a few pence to make. Save your jam jars and create a beautiful display for your home at Christmas, or for a wedding reception!
*this post contains affiliate links*
(which means that if you buy from Amazon using these links, I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you)
To make a cut-out star jam jar lantern, you will need:
- A clean jam jar
- Plain paper (or thin card)
- Star-shaped mini paper punch
- Flameless tea light candles
How to make a cut-out star jam jar lantern:
- Measure and cut a strip of paper to fit inside your jam jar (leave a little extra to overlap)
- Use your star shaped paper punch to make cut-out stars at regular intervals along the edge of the paper strip. For a taller jar, you could make another row of cut-out stars along the opposite edge too. Keep your cut out stars for confetti to scatter on tables, or add to party invitations.
- Add a flameless candle to the jar and repeat until you have a good collection of flickering beauties.
We mixed ours with some paper doily lined jam jars and mod-podge glittter jam jar lanterns too.
(Visited 1,717 times, 1 visits today)
One thought on “DIY cut-out star jam jar lantern”
These looks so pretty when they are all lit up and twinkling! I’m such a big fan of reusing jam jars so will give this a whirl! Hope you have a lovely Christmas x