Polka dot spring bunny garland
My preschoolers helped make this Spring bunny garland to decorate our living room. It was quick and easy to make, working as a team. Sticking the dots on was quite a meditative, calming activity for all of us!
*this post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on something here, then buy it, I will receive a small payment at NO extra cost to you!*
To make a polka dot spring bunny garland, you will need:
- Thin card (we used pastel colours, but you could choose plain white or more vibrant shades)
- Mini pegs
- Pretty butchers twine (we chose pink)
- Polka dot stickers (we used metallic ones)
- Large striped bubblegum beads (optional)
- The free bunny template which you can download from this Easter bunny bag post
How to make a polka dot spring bunny garland:
- Download the free bunny printable template from this post and resize it however you want to (ours are a little smaller than A5, or 1/2 letter size)
- Print out enough for your garland. We found that 6 bunnies were enough for our mantle-piece, but we enjoyed decorating them, so it didn’t matter that we had a few extra.
- Cut out each bunny and decorate with polka dot stickers. This was the part that Chops (aged almost 3) loved most. He spent about 20 minutes in total carefully peeling each sticker from its backing and placing it exactly on the bunny.
- Cut 3 long lengths of butchers twine and braid them together, tie off at each end and add a bead and a bit of a tassel if you want to.
- Fix the braided butchers twine to your wall, mantle-piece, table-edge or headboard.
- Use your mini pegs to clip the bunnies to the twine.
- That’s it. Easy!
If you’re looking for some more Spring and Easter decorating ideas, you could find out how to blow eggs, check out 10 gorgeous Spring decorating ideas, or make some beautiful dragon’s eggs!
(Visited 432 times, 1 visits today)
16 thoughts on “Polka dot spring bunny garland”
What a lovely idea, I am addicted to tiny pegs… Me and my two little ones will be giving this a try today. Thank you for the idea. Lucy
Me too Lucy – they’re so cute aren’t they?! 😉
Oh they are GORGEOUS!!! *Weeps over lack of printer*
Thanks Kate! (you can always cheat and use thin paper to trace the template from your laptop screen – I did that before we unpacked the printer from the move)…
This is so adorable! Where did you get your polka dot stickers?
Thanks Ashley – they are from Amazon (along with most of our household contents)! 😉
They sell giant ones for walls too….
That is one seriously cute bunny border 🙂 Love it!
Thank you Sheila! 🙂
That is a really cool garland, love it 🙂
Thank you Ashley! 🙂
These are gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing with the #pinitparty. Have pinned 🙂
Thank you! They definitely brighten up our living room and I like that they can be up for the whole of Spring (not just Easter) 🙂
This is so cute! I showed it to my daughter and she’s excited to try it! Thanks for sharing your craft at Inspire Me Mondays!
Yay – I’m so glad Brandi. Let me know how it turns out?
Grace says – These are soooooooo cute and I reckon they would also make gorgeous decorations to a birthday party too. Thanks for linking to #minicreations
Awww – thanks! And you are so right – they would be great for a birthday or even a baby shower… 🙂