Today I’m sharing with you an easy free printable snowman craft for kids. It’s a fun, simple collage idea that even young kids can do with very little help. I’m linking up with this month’s #GetYourCraftOn challenge, where you can find many more fantastic snowman crafts!
*this post contains affiliate links*
When you purchase something after clicking on an affiliate link, the price you pay will not be affected, but I will receive a small commission from the seller. Thank you for supporting Hodge Podge Craft in this way.
For this printable snowman craft for kids, you will need:
- white card (A3 or larger)
- a side plate and smaller (dessert size) bowl
- coloured felt tip pens, including black
- black pom poms of various sizes
- different coloured craft foam, card or paper (including orange for the nose)
- scissors (our kids find these spring-back ones easiest to use)
- pipe cleaners in different colours (optional)
- this free printable template for the snowman’s accessories
How to make this printable snowman craft for kids:
- Use this free printable template to cut out a few hats and scarves in various colours and at least one orange ‘carrot’ nose.
- For younger children, you could shape some coloured pipe-cleaners into bows to add texture to the scarf, use as earrings or a bow tie (be sure to bend the tips of the pipe cleaners over so there are no sharp pointy bits). Older children could shape their own pipe cleaners.
- Use the side plate and dessert bow to draw a snowman template on white card (like in the photo above).
- Set out your pre-cut shapes, black pom poms and coloured pipe cleaner bows next to the snowman outline, along with some glue as an ‘invitation to create’.
- Allow your child to draw on the snowman’s features and stick on his (or her) accessories. Take a look at Pickle’s video above for inspiration – the cheeky tongue was his idea!