I always think everyone is a little bit Irish (and/or Italian). My Mum was born in Ireland, so I think I’m entitled to celebrate St Patricks day by wearing green and getting tipsy (not with Guinness though – can’t stand the stuff)! Anyway, if you’d like to celebrate the 17th March in a more wholesome way, you could make this easy pop-up shamrock DIY card for St Patrick’s day.
To make a pop-up shamrock DIY card for St Patricks day, you will need:
– a card blank and envelope
– a ‘true’ square of colourful (green) wrapping / scrapbooking paper
– a pen/pencil
– this free printable template
AGE: young kids and up
TIME: 10 minutes or less
How-to make a pop-up shamrock DIY card for St Patricks day:
- Follow steps 1-5 of the pop-up heart Valentine card tutorial (use the photos to help you make the folds)
- Use the free printable template to mark the shamrock outline on your folded triangle, then cut carefully along the dotted lines (being sure to leave the marked edges intact!)
- Glue one side of your shamrock shape (still folded) to the inside of the card, with the shamrock’s stem near (but not next to) the crease line.
- Put some glue on the remaining side of the folded shamrock shape and close the card – this will make sure that your pop-up aligns perfectly.
- Leave to dry, then check that your card opens and ‘pops-up’.
- That’s it! Now you can post it to your Irish friend or relative. I think I’ll send the one below to GG (Pickle and Chops’ great granny).
More fun #StPaddys day craft ideas for kids via #GetYourCraftOn:
Rainbow hearts from Red Ted Art
Leprechaun gold salt dough coins from The Gingerbread House
Rainbow paint bleed art from Zing Zing Tree
Felt rainbow cloud mobile from Grace’s Favours – Craft Adventures
Rainbow party fans from Damson Lane
Toilet paper roll shamrock wall-hanging from Crystal’s Tiny Treasures
Rainbow window mosaic from Here Come the Girls
A round-up, including mixed-media rainbow art at Kathy’s Cluttered Mind
Rainbow birthday crown, leprechaun hot chocolate and picture from Domestic Goddesque